What makes these workshops different?
First and foremost, I love photography. From the Kodak Instamatic I had as a child, to the Canon A1 and my beloved Canon T90, right up to recent years using Canon's extraordinary EOS 5D series, I have been addicted to photography and fascinated by the art of composition and capturing light in the wild.
By joining one of my workshops, I hope to be able to share my enthusiasm and passion for picture-taking with you.
There are lots of wonderful photographers out there offering workshops and I really appreciate you taking the time to consider one of mine. I'm also aware that catching the photography bug is not without its considerable expense! If you're like me, you will spend a huge amount of time and thought before investing in a new camera or lens. Photography workshops are no different. You can read some client testimonials here, or read on for my Workshop Pledge:
1. I will pour my 30+ years' experience as a professional photographer into each workshop, offering you tuition, advice, technical tips and enthusiasm to help you grow as a photographer, no matter what level you're at.
2. Awards aren't everything – we all know that a 'great photograph' is often in the eye of the beholder – but, for what it's worth, I have won a few awards and had my photographs published in hundreds of books and magazines etc. I can help you refine the art of taking images worthy of prizes or publication.
3. On one of my workshops, you'll enjoy concentrated time on photography, learning new techniques in small groups where you'll receive individual tuition in a calm, kind, encouraging and patient manner.
4. I'll do everything I can to make each workshop informative, inspiring and fun. We won't rush. We'll wait for the right light and only move on when everyone has got the images they need. You'll also be with like-minded people – all with a passion for photography, willing to share their knowledge, offer constructive critique and talk cameras!
5. I firmly believe in a 'Before, During & After' approach to my workshops. Once you've reserved your place, I'll be in touch not just to send you a Booking Form to complete, but also to find out more about you as a photographer and what you hope to gain from the workshop. This individual approach continues throughout the workshop itself (with instant feedback on your images) and then, crucially, afterwards as well. I hope we'll stay in touch, either through sharing and commenting on each other's photographs online, or during future workshops.
I hope you can join me!